Monday, January 01, 2007

A project to visit Europe




2007-01-01
A project to visit Europe:
I was born and bred in Taiwan. I was born with deformed legs...I had a operation when I was 5 and it didn't give me a NORMAL walking ability. I studied and grow up with so-called normal children. What I learn most and got most is not kindness but discriminations. Too much to tell and too hurt to tell as well. When I was 21-22, I had another operation for my curved spine and I lost my walking ability since that... What I want to tell ALL of PEOPLE in Taiwan or AROUND the world is: What hurt me most is not my physical condition but people's attitudes.
I don't want to say Taiwan is a BAD place or unfriendly place. But .... in deed...Taiwanese need more EDUCATION..to wide their hearts.
To know and to learn. I wish someone like me can do something for those who use wheelchair for live. I know not only in Taiwan but also a lot other places ....people limit their mind by their sight. The only way I can enrich thier thoughts...is just to share what my experiences and my thoughts. Only themselves can change the situation. Bring knowledge into live. That's LIFE.
I am plan to pick up a place to live for at least 1 month.
Rent a house for myself and deal with my daily live on my own.
Besides....I want to know how people go on thier lives in a friendlly environment.We don't have good public system for wheelchair. No bus system for wheelchair... something like that... and it's hard to find so-called handicapped toilet in public. Yes! people usually encourage handicapped people go out..but the very basic for human beings..We don't have it so much..We can't ask it a lot here. Those who don't need it is a main group ..so they ignore it. Little voice is just too little to be heard. Right?
>>to be contune......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
ich bin dir gern bei deinem Projekt behilflich, soweit ich kann.
DF hat mir einiges erzählt, sie glaubt nicht richtig daran. Wir werden ihr zeigen, dass es klappt!
LG Ebs

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
ich bin dir gern bei deinem Projekt behilflich, soweit ich kann.
DF hat mir einiges erzählt, sie glaubt nicht richtig daran. Wir werden ihr zeigen, dass es klappt!
LG Ebs

Knuckles said...

I think that is a reason why everyday I am proud and glad that I live in a country like the United States where education and knowledge about individuals with disabilities are so wide ranged and available to anyone who wish to know/learn more about.

I would completely agree with you, what Taiwan need is education and with that knowledge the human race can learn to co-exist without discrimination.

If you ever have a change, I would highly recommend you visit Europe or even the United States. As a person that only been in a wheelchair for 4 years, I can tell you that accessibility is key here in the US. There are few place that are not wheelchair accessible and I am sure you know that it sure make life a whole lot easier for us.

I tend to believe that no matter how little the voice, voices can change the world. Keep going strong with your project, Amy, I have a good feeling that you will prove a lot of people wrong.

Matt

ikbenamy said...

smiling